Monday, September 3, 2012

How I started on Nutrisystem and saved money!

   When I first decided to go on Nutrisystem I went online and did the research, I could get 50% off the first month of plan I chose and If I had a a friend on Nutrisystem I could ask her for a "Budy Bucks Code" this would give me an additional $30 off my first order! GREAT or so I thought at first. you see the 2nd month
you still get a discount but it's smaller and you can't use the budy bucks from your friend anymore BUT you can tell a new friend have them sign up they get $30 "Budy Bucks" and Nutrisystem will then credit you $30 towards your foods too. Hmm I thought If I got 4 friends to join Nutrisystem I could then get $120 off my Nutrisystem food budget keeping my costs down and each of my friends get $30 off too. It's a Win Win!!!
On the Third month there is no Nutrisystem discounts so I'd better have more friends get on Nutrisystem to get enough Budy Bucks to cover the price increase and get me to a food budget I'm comfortable with right?..
   This could work but sounded stressful for me just starting out, I didn't even know if I liked the food yet. What the don't tell you unless you ask is if you cancel before the three months they back-charge your credit card so you don't get the discounts you pay the full price. Wow when I herd that I almost freaked, the "FULL PRICE" that's almost $400 month. Way more than I would spend on myself for dehydrated food.
  
   So off to Ebay and Craig's List I went. I had already written down my Nutrisystem food choices for diabetics so I knew what I could eat. I just had to find the foods online so I could try the foods and even see if it worked. I took a budget of $130 and went crazy! I now have almost enough for 2 months! Minus the yummy Dinners and more of the powdered or dehydrated ones. I did my best to find the foods on my selection but it wasn't that easy. However all the foods were on the Glycemic Index so I wasn't worried, and I still lost weight! In 7 days I lost 5lbs, I'll take it! Anything to get me away, far away from the 200lb mark! See weight ticker below it is to date I think. I haven't found where I can update it yet but I'm sure I will.
    With bags and boxes of my Nutrisystem Food in the corner of my room I separated it into categories, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert. The items that I have so many of I will resell on Ebay, so maybe they can help someone else get started too.


Thinking of trying Nutrisystem?
Here are my Ebay listings - I start most of them off at $1 with free s/h  so Happy Bidding!
Be sure to follow me for future Nutrisystem meals :)

1.  Nutrisystem -  Breakfast Lunch Dinner Dessert

2.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nutrisystem-breakfast-lunch-dinner-dessert-1-full-day-No-Reserve-/300773632515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4607816a03

3.  Cereal, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Chocolate Chip Pudding (1 day of 4 Nutrisystem meals)

4.  Nutrisystem- Vegetarian Chili & Pasta with Meatballs

5. Nutrisystem - 4 Cookies, 1 Chocolate Pudding, 2 Chocolate Bars




No comments:

Post a Comment